Sunday, April 8, 2012

Completed: Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation

For the longest time, I have been using powder foundation because it was more convenient. Instead of applying liquid foundation and setting it with powder, all I need to do is to sweep powder foundation with a sponge with less than 10 strokes and I'm done :)

Today I am here to share the completion (ok, maybe it can still be used for a few more times) of my HG powder foundation: Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder foundation.


Please pardon the disgusting looking case as it has been heavily used. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme is housed in a black plastic case and the compact is refillable. Unlike some brands where the refill compact is keep intact in a case with a sticky tape at the bottom, Chanel's is a snap in case which is much more secure in my opinion. It comes with a velvet case which is a terrible dust magnet but looks pretty sleek when you bring it out for touch up. Check out the Chanel logo embossed on the top of the plastic case!

Ok, now to the formula of this powder foundation....

Extracted from Chanel website:-

Enriched with vegetal lipides and Lilium extract, MAT LUMIÈRE EXTRÊME mattifies the complexion with lasting results: sebum production is perfectly controlled and the appearance of pores is minimized. 

Coated powders and treated pigments ensure optimum makeup and colour hold all day long. With its SPF 20 / PA+++, it protects the skin from damaging UV rays. The soft focus pigments allow MAT LUMIÈRE EXTRÊME to conceal dark spots and imperfections while offering a luminous and even makeup result. Peach Extract, renowned for its moisturizing and emollient properties, offers the skin an excellent sensation of comfort.

One of the reason why it is my HG powder foundation is how well it controls the sebum production. In addition, the powder of this foundation is soooo smooth and fine that when I apply it on my skin, it does not look cakey at all. As such, my skin stays matte and smooth for as long as 12 hours. I do blot my skin with tissue paper as per usual and with this powder foundation, I usually blot around every 5 hours or so which is consider super good.

For my NC30 skin, I am using 40 Beige Sable and it fits me perfectly. Coupled with P&J moisturising primer, this combination is my fool proof formula to a long day. You might be wondering why am I using a MOISTURISING primer with a mattifying powder foundation given that I would like to control the sebun production. The reason is because I noticed that as I grow older *cry*, my skin is not as oily as before and if I were to use a mattifying primer with this mattifying powder foundation, I end up with a overworked oil field that is just terrible. However, with a slight moisturising primer, it is just enough to keep my skin moisturised without looking oily. I also noticed my skin doesn't feel tight and uncomfortable with this combi at all too.

I have used 2 refills of Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme powder foundation and it never fails me. For 13g of product, it lasts me a good 4-5 months if I use them daily for weekdays. I cannot remember the price of the refill but it is around 70-ish range and case is sold separately.

Would I re-purchase this again? You bet! Even though I am developed a liking to liquid foundation, but I would still go for speed of the powder foundation when I am in a rush. :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! look at that glorious pan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! I usually have no issue hitting the pan of compact foundation but lip products are really a struggle...... Arghhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!! I usually have no issue hitting the pan of compact foundation but lip products are really a struggle...... Arghhh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...